What are the Complications of Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is common and causes a vaginal discharge, often with a noticeable smell. BV is not a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by an overgrowth of normal bacteria in the vagina.
About 1 in 3 women have BV at some time in their life. It may even be more common than this, as many cases are mild and cause no symptoms. Any woman can be affected by BV. BV is more common in women who have an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD). It may also be more common in women who smoke. Hormone changes during your menstrual cycle as well as genetics may also play a part.
What are the possible complications of bacterial vaginosis?
If you have untreated BV during pregnancy, you have an increased risk of developing some complications of pregnancy. Early labour, miscarriage, having a low birth-weight baby or developing an infection of the uterus (womb) after childbirth can be associated with BV infection.
If you have untreated BV, the chance of developing an infection of the uterus is higher following certain operations (such as termination of pregnancy or a vaginal hysterectomy). However, antibiotics are usually given before these types of surgery, and certainly if you are known to have BV infection.
If you have untreated BV, you may have an increased risk of developing HIV infection if you have sex with someone who is infected with HIV. There is also some evidence that women with untreated BV may be at an increased risk of developing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). (See leaflets called HIV and AIDS and Pelvic inflammatory disease.)
Dr.Lee produced a herbal medicine named Fuyan Pill can help to treat BV effectively.It can clear away heat and toxic materials can help patients to get rid of damp, toxic andbacteria. Besides, other ingredients in the pill are able to promote blood circulation.Many patients who have consulted Dr.Lee and taken the Fuyan Pill don’t suffer this disease again because Fuyan Pill can help to prevent BV recurring.
Is There any Nautral Medicine to Cure Cervicitis?previous page
What Are The Effects Of BV?next page
- Scientists unravel immune cascade that drives tissue damage, complications in chlamydia infections
- Hydrosalpinx: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment, Management and Prevention
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) Could Cause Problems on Pregnancy
- Complications of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Chlamydia Complications
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course