How to Rationally Deal with Excessive Vaginal Discharge?
Excessive vaginal discharge refers to an increase in the amount of women's vaginal secretions. But it is certainly not to say that an increase in vaginal discharge is sick, sometimes excessive vaginal discharge is a normal physiological phenomenon.
If there are other symptoms appearing, we must guard against the occurrence of gynecological diseases. It is necessary to make a rational understanding and treatment to excessive vaginal discharge.
Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. Only if it is itching, burning or irritating accompanied with odor, then maybe you should worry about that you possibly could have an infection.
How does the doctor diagnose abnormal discharge?
Knowing your health history can help doctor do a better treatment. They will ask some questions include:
How long have the symptoms lasted?
What color and smell are the discharge?
Do you have any itching, pain, or burning in or around the vagina?
How many sexual partners do you have recently?
Do you douche?
Routine examinations include:
1. Visual examination of the vulva;
Observe whether there is inflammation or swelling of the vulva case.
2. Routine vaginal examination;
The vaginal smears will be observed under a microscope. We can divide inflammation into four levels by checking vaginal bacteria, white blood cell (WBC) and the number of bacteria in the vagina. Usually,Ⅰ ~ Ⅱ degree is normal, Ⅲ ~ Ⅳ degree is abnormal vaginal discharge which may show vaginal inflammation or infection.
3. Cervical secretions examination ;
Under normal circumstances, the cervical mucus is clear. But sometimes it also can be viscous in the luteal phase (days after ovulation to the day before menstrual period, about 14 days).
How is abnormal discharge treated?
How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem.
1. In the context of a clear diagnosis, finding out whether it is a primary disease process or special pathogens will be the first step. The most important thing for the treatment of excessive vaginal discharge is to eliminate the pathogens.
2. If it is caused by pathological vaginal foreign body, you can just remove the foreign body. Using some antibiotics when necessary and pay attention to prevent the secondary bacterial infection.
3. For diseased tissue, surgical resection may be the best way to cure it.
4. If the microscopic examination confirms the presence of trichomonas infection, doctors often use some drugs such as Metronidazole, Tinidazole Tablets to cure it.
According to the physical condition of each person, except for being treated by surgery and antibiotics, patients can also choose some herbal medicine to cure excessive vaginal discharge or to be an adjuvant therapy. Herbal medicine like Fuyan pill is widely used in the treatment of increased vaginal discharge.
Usually Patients try the herbal medicine for three months and most of the time they can be cured after this course of treatment or they will get another course if the symptoms still exist.
How to prevent excessive vaginal discharge?
1. Keeping the vulva clean but do not wash it too much. In order to prevent cross-infection, you must prepare a dedicated basin and towel to clean the vulva. Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
2. After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
3. Change underwear frequently and don’t dry it in a dark corner. Make sure that your underwear can be touched by sunlight.
4. Eat foods rich in protein, vitamins, minerals such as lean meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits to enhance physical fitness.
5. Go to hospital immediately when you find your vaginal discharge has symptoms like color changed and odor.
What are Different Natural Treatments for Bacterial Vaginosis?previous page
Easily Performed Home BV Treatmentsnext page
- Adenomyosis: Patients with Different Symptoms and Ages Need Different Treatments
- Why Choose Herbal Treatment for Adenomyosis?
- Can Fallopian Tubes be Re-blocked after Surgical Treatment?
- Will Surgical Treatment of Blocked Fallopian Tubes Leave After-effects?
- Can Endometriosis Kill You? Risk Factors and Treatments
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course