Chlamydia Signs, Symptoms, and Complications in Women
As one of the most common STDs, chlamydia infects either women's urinary or reproductive system. In some cases, signs and symptoms show up once infected, however, unfortunately, chlamydia may remain asymptomatic for long in women in some cases.
For women who may develop symptoms, on the following are most common signs:
- Rectal discomfort or release
- Abdominal pain
- Burning sensation during urination
- Painful intercourse
- Abnormal bleeding and/or vaginal discharge
If the infection hasn't been tested in time and left untreated, this infection can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which can give rise to damage of fallopian tubes (the tubes connecting the ovaries to the uterus) or even brings about infertility (the inability to have children). Moreover, chlamydia may cause premature births (giving birth too early) and the infection can be passed along from the mother to her child during childbirth, causing aneye infection, blindness, or pneumonia in the newborn. In addition, untreated chlamydia infection could also increase the risk of ectopic pregnancy(when the fertilized egg implants and develops outside the uterus.)
Women Should Be Screened Annually for Chlamydiaprevious page
Chlamydia can Mean Infertilitynext page
- Women Health: How Can Chlamydia Damage Your Reproductive System?
- How is Therapeutic Effect Female Chlamydia Trachomatis?
- Many women not screened for gonorrhea and chlamydia infection during pregnancy
- Researchers develop protective vaccine against chlamydia infections
- Human immune system proteins can help combat chlamydia infections
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course