Can You Still Be a Mom With Infertility In Advanced Age Combined With Severe Endometriosis?
Many women face the pain of trying to have a baby but are infertile, and endometrial-related diseases have become an essential factor in infertility. The lining of the uterus is like the "soil" that nurtures a child, and endometrial diseases such as endometriosis, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, and submucosal fibroids can all lead to infertility.
Endometriosis is the appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterine cavity, which can be anywhere in the body, with the ovaries and pelvis being more common. Severe cases of endometriosis can lead to infertility by interfering with ovulation by affecting the pelvic anatomy or causing inflammation through an immune response. Also, adhesions caused by inflammation can affect the degree of tubal patency.
As a result, endometriosis can significantly impact a woman's fertility. Symptoms of endometriosis combined with infertility in advanced age need to be treated by first treating the endometriosis, followed by IVF-ET.
Currently, the treatments for endometriosis include medication and surgery. In the course of treatment, careful consideration should be given to the patient's age, fertility requirements, the severity of the disease, symptoms and extent of the lesions, etc., to choose the appropriate treatment method.
1. Drug Therapy
Hormone application can help patients improve their symptoms, but the onset of effect is slow, usually taking 3-6 months, and relapse occurs after stopping the drug. Commonly used medications include gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRHa), danazol, and synthetic progesterone.
The traditional Chinese medicine Fuyan Pill utilizes a complete formula to clear away heat, detoxify the body, promote blood circulation, and remove blood stasis, thus regulating menstruation, relieving pain, and eliminating diseases. It can also treat female infertility caused by gynecological diseases and inflammation.
2. Surgery Therapy
Surgery is the main treatment for endometriosis because the lesion's scope and nature can be clarified under direct vision, which is more effective in relieving pain and promoting reproductive function with a shorter course of treatment, especially for severe cases.
However, patients can judge whether they need to take surgical treatment.
1. If you are under 35 and have good ovarian reserve, don't worry too much whether you have adenomyosis, unilateral or bilateral ovarian chocolate cysts, or peritoneal endometriosis. After evaluation, give yourself enough time to try to conceive on your own. You can use reasonable and regular traditional Chinese medicine or acupuncture treatment to deal with a small portion of endometriosis and have a chance to get pregnant.
2. If you are over 35 years of age and have a good ovarian function, or if you have tried to conceive on your own for some time as described above and have not been able to do so, then you will have to resort to laparoscopic surgery, which can deal with a small portion of the endometriosis and give you a chance to get pregnant.
3. Regardless of age, if the ovarian reserve has become significantly poor, then rushing to ART(assisted reproduction technology) followed by traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, or laparoscopy can also have a chance of pregnancy.
Management measures for endometriosis combined with infertility in advanced age:
1. Patients with endometriosis who meet the diagnostic criteria for infertility should first undergo a comprehensive infertility workup and fertility assessment according to the infertility pathway.
2. Direct in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET) is recommended for infertile patients over 35 years of age in the presence of other indications for assisted reproductive treatment, such as semen abnormalities in the male partner or gamete transport disorders and suspected endometriotic cysts in the ovaries.
As long as active treatment, such female patients also have the opportunity to become mothers. Patients should listen to the doctor's instructions, actively cooperate with the treatment, and adjust their mindset in daily life. Transforming a bad mood, such as nervousness, anxiety, and fear, into an optimistic one is the best treatment.
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course