What is Pelvic Inflammatory Disease(PID) ?
Women at greater risk for PID include those at risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and those with a prior episode of PID. Sexually active women under age 25 are at risk as well because the cervix (opening to the uterus) of teens and young women has greater susceptibility to STIs. This may be because the cervix of teenage girls and young women is not fully matured, increasing their risk for STIs linked to PID.
Other potential risk factors include douching, which women should avoid. In some women, using an intrauterine device (IUD) to prevent pregnancy can also cause PID. Rarely, PID results from gynecological procedures or surgeries.
Millions women seek treatment for acute PID each year. Most of them try several treatment to cure it without good results. They get no effective treatment by costing too much efforts. It has become one of the most difficult disease to be cured all over the world. More and more doctors and professors have been working on the treatment or medicine to cure PID but seldom of them reach the goal.
A similar or greater number of women may have PID and not know it. Every year, more than 100,000 women become infertile and more than 150 women die from PID or its complications. PID is more common among teenage than adult women.
Is Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Preventable?previous page
Complications of Pelvic Inflammatory Diseasenext page
- 4 Exercises that Can Relieve Symptoms for Patients with Adenomyosis
- Female Mycoplasma Infection Without Symptoms, Is It Infectious?
- Diet and Chronic Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: Can Food Choices Impact Symptoms?
- Adenomyosis: Patients with Different Symptoms and Ages Need Different Treatments
- What are the symptoms of cervicitis? Treatment of cervicitis
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course