What Are The Treatment Options of PID?
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female reproductive organs (the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries). Normally, the cervix (opening to the womb) prevents bacteria in the vagina from spreading up into these organs. However, if the cervix is exposed to a sexually transmitted infection (STI) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, it becomes infected. This can allow bacteria to travel up into the internal organs, making them inflamed and infected. If this occurs, the woman's fallopian tubes may be damaged, making it difficult for her to become pregnant. There are some treatments can help patients with PID.
1. Antibiotics. The initial treatment for mild cases of PID usually consists of one or more antibiotic medications taken by mouth. More significant cases can be treated with a combination of intravenous and oral antibiotics. If treatment is not effective, if you cannot take antibiotics by mouth, or if the infection is severe, you may need to be hospitalized to receive medication intravenously (directly into a vein).
If you are diagnosed with PID, your sexual partner(s) also must be treated even if they do not have any symptoms. Otherwise, the infection will likely recur when you have sex again.
2. Surgery. When PID causes an abscess (when the inflamed tissue forms a collection of pus), antibiotics are no longer as effective. Surgery is often needed to remove the abscesses (or the organ with the abscess) to prevent them from rupturing and causing widespread infection throughout the pelvis and abdomen. Depending on the conditions, this may be done with a laparoscope (a thin, lighted instrument) or with a procedure in which the doctor opens the abdomen to view the internal organs (laparotomy). Both techniques are major surgical procedures and are performed under general anesthesia (you are put to sleep).
If abscesses have formed on the uterus or ovaries, your doctor may recommend hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) or oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries).
3. Herbal medicine. In these three treatments for PID, herbal medicine has a typical advantage that it has no side effects and can eradicate this disease. Fuyan Pill as the herbal medicine has helped many patients with PID. The herbal formula in Fuyan Pill can clear away the infection that cause PID. Some herbs in Fuyan Pill are highly powerful in killing bacteria, virus, and all the pathogen to cause infections. The disadvantage of herbal medicine is that it may work slowly and you may pay attention to your diet.
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Diarrhea?
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Prevention: Your Living Habits Matter
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: When Dysmenorrhea Signals a Bigger Problem
- Does Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Attack People Without Sexual Life?
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Vaginal Itching? How to Alleviate It?
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course