Lack of Vitamin D During Pregnancy Tied to Speech Problems in Kids
Researchers have found a link between vitamin D deficiency and speech problems in children.
Women who suffer from Vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy are twice at risk of giving birth to children who may face difficulties with speech.
The study, the largest of its kind, looked at Vitamin D concentrations during the pregnancies of more than 740 women, whose children were followed up regularly until 17 years.
Andrew Whitehouse, associate professor at the Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, who led the study, said the finding was significant, as Vitamin D levels among women have decreased steadily over the years, the journal Paediatrics reports.
"The developing baby is completely reliant on the mother for its Vitamin D levels and what we have shown is that this might have an impact on the child's brain development," Whitehouse said, according to a Telethon Institute statement.
Whitehouse said the findings had significant implications in that it could provide an early intervention to prevent some language difficulties.
"We would now like to explore whether Vitamin D supplements in pregnancy could reduce the risk of language problems for children."
Miscarriage Prevented By Deadly Carbon Monoxideprevious page
Researchers Isolate Egg-Producing Stem Cells From Adult Human Ovariesnext page
- Lack of Sleep and Uterine Diseases: Is There a Connection?
- Does Black Seed Oil Work for Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
- Lack of Vitamin D During Pregnancy Tied to Speech Problems in Kids
- Women Who Lack Exercise At Greater Risk Of Developing Metabolic Syndrome
- Premature Death Rates Among Black Women With Sarcoidosis
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course