Endometriosis can Affect Sexual Intercourse
London - Discomfort during sex can be due to endometriosis, which affects two million UK women.
This occurs when cells of the womb lining (endometrium) are found outside it, causing tenderness and inflammation. If this affects tissue behind the cervix, it can lead to painful intercourse, explains Clive Spence-Jones, a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist at London’s Whittington Hospital. The pain may continue after intercourse.
Endometriosis can be managed with painkillers and hormone treatment. Sometimes surgery is needed.
Pain during sex could also be due to an ovarian cyst. These are usually benign and may disappear naturally or can be surgically removed.
Irritable bowel syndrome can also cause discomfort due to pressure on already tender intestines, leading to general stomach pain during sex.
Switching to a healthy diet, increasing exercise and reducing stress can help.
Malignant Cells Not Directly Targeted By Hormonal Treatment For Endometrial Cancerprevious page
Preventing Death Of Eggs During Chemotherapynext page
- Tubal blockage with hydrosalpinx can be cured by TCM shortly
- Fuyan Pill Helps A woman with Adenomyosis Get Pregnant
- A Woman with Hydrosalpinx Is Cured with Fuyan pill
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Testimonials
- Irregular Vaginal Bleeding and Endometrial Thickening Cured by Fuyan Pill
- Pruritus Vulvae and Frequent Urination: Mycoplasma Infection Cured after 2 Courses
- UU, MH and CT Turned Negative after 1 Course