The uterus is the organ that produces menstruation and conceives the fetus, located in the center of the pelvic cavity between the bladder and the rectum. The uterus is prone to uterine diseases such as inflammation, injury, tumors, and precancerous lesions.
Generally speaking, uterine malignancies include cervical cancer, endometrial cancer and uterine sarcoma, etc, and uterus need to be removed for treatment; benign diseases such as uterine fibroids
and uterine prolapse, etc. should be considered comprehensively, including the patient's age, menstrual conditions and wishes.
For example, a 50-year-old menopausal woman, whom the two functions of menstruation and fertility have been lost, has the possibility to suffer from some malignant diseases by keeping the uterus. Many people think that a woman is no longer a woman after she has her uterus removed and she will grow old quickly. So what happens when a woman does not have a uterus? (EverydayHealth
has more details about urterus removal
1. Menstruation is gone. The main components of menstruation are mainly blood and endometrial tissue, and there will be no circumstance such as "no uterus, no toxins can be discharged".
2. Removal of the uterus will not affect sexual life. Although sexual desire and sexual arousal require estrogen stimulation, because the ovaries are still there, don't worry. Most of the hysterectomy
currently is total hysterectomy that cut the junction of the cervical incision and the vagina. The postoperative vaginal length changes are minimal.
In sexual life, women need to provide the vagina instead of the uterus. In addition, the lubricating fluid in sexual life is mainly vaginal wall blood vessels, vestibular gland secretions and cervical mucus and has no major connection with the uterus.
3. The role of the uterus is mainly to menstruate and give birth, and does not produce estrogen. And hysterectomy is not an ovariectomy, so it will not affect the secretion of estrogen and will not accelerate aging.
4. Although the endocrine level will fluctuate after hysterectomy, the absence of the uterus will not cause obesity.
For patients after hysterectomy, you should pay attention to the following points:
1.The wound at the top of vagina usually takes at least three months to heal. There may be a small amount of bleeding during this process, but patients do not need to be worried.
2.Sexual activities can be performed three hours after surgery.
3. You can take a bath after surgery, but try to choose a shower instead of a bath.